Skip to content
- Gunung Bagging : a treasure trove for those keen on hiking volcanoes
- Gunung-Indonesia (in Indonesian) : up to date information about open and closed trails for volcano climbing.
- Tripcanvas Indonesia : a generalist lifestyle website that posts good to-do lists of places to visit especially in Java, Bali and Lombok
- Wikitravel : a collaborative Wiki about traveling. Really useful to find cheap accommodation and transport
- Lonely Planet forums : an old-school forum with some very knowledgable active members.
- Jakarta100bars : most comprehensive source about nightlife.
- US army’s maps of Indonesia.
- Pelni : public inter-province ferry transportation, with prices and reliable schedules
- ASDP : public within-province ferry transportation, with prices and unreliable schedule
- The article about boat travel in Indonesia will probably be a useful complement
- Tiket.com : a private website acting a 3rd party re-seller for plane and train tickets. Efficient and good customer service. Traveloka is one of the reliable alternatives.
- Nias Heritage Museum : excellent website about Nias cultural sites
- Visit Nias Island : a great complement to the museum website.
- Wild Sumatra : a local eco-tourism agency based in Sungai Penuh, offering trips to Jambi and Bengkulu provinces. Run by passionated Luke Mackin. Tons of information and pictures, great both for those looking for a tour guide as well as independent traveler.
- Mentawai.org : plenty of information about traditional Mentawai culture
Bali and Nusa Tenggara
- Bombastic Borneo : edited by a Malaysian Dayak. Tons of informations especially about Dayak festival all over Borneo.
Papua and Maluku
- East-Indonesia : a very comprehensive website about Maluku and Papua by Laszlo Wagner.
- Stay Raja Ampat : really comprehensive website about local accommodation in Raja Ampat
- Pusaka collection : an incredible online museum of traditional woven textiles of Indonesia
- Art of the Ancestors : a very interesting kind of online museum about Indonesian tribal arts, curated from various museums.
- Ethnologue.com : a fantastic online version of a book about the languages of the world. Fascinating language maps of Indonesia.
- Aural archipelago : a great project making field recordings of traditional music available online
- Timescape Indonesia Youtube channel : many short films shot in Indonesia before WWII.
- Lontar foundation : a Jakarta-based foundation promoting the Indonesian culture, in particular by translating Indonesian litterature into English.
- Tantomo : an Indonesian blog archiving Benny u0026amp; Mice cartoons
- Starfish : lots of information about diving in Indonesia
- Petites bulles d’ailleurs (in French) : the website of a French journalist that often goes diving in Indonesia
The Indonesian environment
- Personnal website of Oystein Lund Andersen : many pictures of Indonesian volcanoes through the years
- Realtime monitoring tool of corral bleaching risk by ESRI.
- Global Forest Watch : a realtime monitoring tool of deforestation by the World Ressource Institute.