- Gunung Bagging : a treasure trove for those keen on hiking volcanoes
- Tripcanvas Indonesia : a generalist lifestyle website that posts really good to-do list of places to visit especially in Java, Bali and Lombok
- Wikitravel : a collaborative Wiki about traveling. Really useful to find cheap accommodation and transport
- Nias Heritage Museum : excellent website about Nias cultural sites
- Visit Nias Island : a great complement to the museum website.
- Wild Sumatra : a local eco-tourism agency based in Sungai Penuh, offering trips to Jambi and Bengkulu provinces. Run by passionated Luke Mackin. Tons of information and pictures, great both for those looking for a tour guide as well as independent traveler.
- Sumba Information : a good website about Sumba tourism and culture
- Geneviève Duggan’s website : lots of very interesting information about Sabu culture
- Flores Tourism : a great website by Flores tourism board.
Papua and Maluku
- East-Indonesia : very comprehensive website about Maluku and Papua by Laszlo Wagner.
- Stay Raja Ampat : really comprehensive website about local accommodation in Raja Ampat
- Pusaka collection : an incredible online museum of traditional woven textiles of Indonesia
- Inside Indonesia : an online magazine written mostly by Indonesia specialists scholars
- Aural archipelago : a great project making field recordings of traditional music available online.
- Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia : the most comprehensive online Indonesian dictionnary (no English translation)
- Bahasa Kita : tons of excellent articles by linguists
- Ruang Indonesia Bapak Bataone (in Indonesian) : good articles by, I presume, a Japanese expatriate
- Belajar Bahasa Indonesia : lots of points explained in a clear way
- Starfish : lots of information about diving in Indonesia
- Petites bulles d’ailleurs (in French) : the website of a French journalist that often goes diving in Indonesia